Best Commuter Bike – BMX Commuter Bikes [reviewed]
Whether you are thinking about buying your first bike or the next one, you might ask yourself, “What bike is the right fit for me?” There are many different types of bikes depending on the purpose; mountain bikes, road bikes, commuter bikes, single speed bikes, BMX bikes, electric bikes, kids bikes and many more.
The ideal bike is speedy, stylish and efficient. You want a bike that is adorned with high quality parts to bring you the thrill you want. Key points to look at before purchasing any bike are the frame material, disc brakes, transmission(gears) and wheel set.
Choosing the right kind of bike may prove to be a challenging task. To make your journey a bit easier, we have compiled a guide of some of the best bikes out there. These are high quality bikes which are designed very well to suit your biking needs. Read on to find the bike you’ve always wanted!
|Shaver Name||Best Feature||Price|
|Critical Cycles Harper Single-Speed Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike||Flip-Flop Hub|
|Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike||Diamondback Bicycles|
|ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike with 36V, 8AH Removable Lithium-Ion Battery 250W Electric Bike||21-speed transmission system|
|Schwinn Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike ||SR Suntour suspension fork|
|Critical Cycles Beaumont 7-Speed Lady’s Commuter Bike ||Sturdy steel rear rack|
|Schwinn Meridian Full Size Adult Tricycle 26” wheel size Bike Trike ||Foldable design|
|Schwinn Loop Adult Folding Bicycle Men’s Women’s 20 Inch Wheel Size, Silver, 7 speeds||Huge rear folding basket|
|Mongoose Legion L20 20” Wheel Freestyle Bike ||Pro-style 25/9T Micro drive BMX gearing|
|Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike ||Hand-built lightweight aluminum dual suspension frame|
|sixthreezero Around the Block Women’s 26-Inch Cruiser Bike ||Upright riding style|
Best Commuter Bike Review
Our 1st Pick:
Best feature: Flip-Flop Hub for great versatility.
Harper Bike from Critical Styles may be just the single-speed fixed-gear bicycle you need. It is lightweight, beautiful, fairly-priced and comes with some spectacular features.
The Harper is safer with its front and rear brakes. With its thicker Wanda tires, you are assured of more puncture resistance and better shock absorption. Get yourself one and enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Flip-flop hub lets you switch smoothly between the single-speed and fixed gear.
- Equipped with front and rear brakes to allow you to stay in control of your bicycle, speed, stopping accuracy and quick response.
- The Wanda tires are very wide, thicker, puncture resistant, and have better shock absorption on irregular pavements and city roads.
- Deep-V double wall rims.
- KMC chain.
- Freestyle pedals.
- Rider handlebars let you sit in an upright and relaxed position as you ride.
- Weight: 25 pounds
- Track frame: single speed
Our 2nd Pick:
Best feature: Light and strong aluminum frame
The Diamondback Serene Classic has a feminine characteristic in its design. It is constructed with a light aluminum frame that is very strong, making the bike sturdy and strong. The comfort pedaling position allows female cyclists to pedal with ease.
To make the ride smoother, this bike has a suspension fork and some seat posts which make it easier to cycle on uneven roads. This is among the best comfort bikes out there. It is a wise consideration when you’re searching for a women’s comfort bicycle.
- Aluminum frame for better handling and added durability.
- Comfort construction for easier pedaling.
- Shimano gear system.
- The aluminum step-through frame construction makes it easy for you to mount and dismount even when wearing a dress.
- Suspension fork and suspension seat-post combine with the plush seat and ergonomic grips to make movement on uneven road smoother.
- Adjustable stem for a comfy fit.
- Wide tires together with powerful brakes increase traction and precision.
Our 3rd Pick:
Best feature: 21-speed transmission system for enhanced customization.
Ride freely with the ANCHEER electric bike which comes with a 21-speed transmission system. Cycle this bike easily with or without pedaling. For added durability, it is made of aluminum alloy and carbon steel.
The 25 mph top-speed, off-rode ability, unique frame construction and quiet motor make this a wonderful mountain bike for city and trail roads. You will definitely fall in love with this ANCHEER bike.
- Handlebars are made of aluminum alloy.
- 36V 8Ah lithium battery.
- Front fork is made of strong carbon steel and has adequate shock absorption capability.
- High-speed brush less gear motors (250W)
- Saddle tube is composed of aluminum alloy.
- A 3-speed smart meter control.
- Luminous LED headlights.
- Front and rear wheels are made of double layer aluminum alloy.
- Charging time is approximately 4-6 hours.
Our 4th Pick:
Best feature: SR Suntour suspension fork
If you are searching for a great hybrid bicycle, then the Discover Men’s Hybrid bike from Schwinn is a fantastic choice. This product has received a lot of good reviews from users proving its superb quality.
This efficient Hybrid Bike comes with a lot of capabilities to make your riding experience better. The aluminum frame makes it more durable while the SR Suntour suspension fork allows you to cycle on uneven road surfaces easily.
- Padded saddles for added comfort.
- Swept-back handlebar.
- Rear gear that can fit your luggage.
- Pull brakes are composed of Promax alloy for added safety.
- Suspension fork helps the seat and bike absorb shock effectively when riding over rough terrain.
- The Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur shifts the gears.
- Aluminum frame is durable and brings a smooth ride.
Our 5th Pick:
Best feature: Sturdy steel rear rack
Are you searching for the perfect commuter bike to ride in the urban city streets? The Critical Cycles Beaumont 7-speed commuter bike is a perfect choice. Its ‘step-thru’ style makes it easier for you to mount and its suitable for all ages.
Enjoy utmost control and accuracy with the front and rear alloy brakes, Shimano 7-speed drivetrain and RevoShift grip shifters. Ride down city streets while enjoying a retro feel. Furthermore, the bike is fitted with a sturdy steel rear rack to let you carry items from one place to another.
- Shimano Drivetrain and derailleur together with the RevoShift grip shifter give you smoother, quicker and easier transitions.
- Front and rear alloy brakes ensure accurate and safe cycling.
- A Shimano rear derailleur.
- Wanda tires that are wider for outstanding grip and control.
- A thick and sturdy steel rear rack for carrying things.
- Retro-inspired design: retro paint job, cushioned saddle, charming mid-century bell, plush grips and matching fenders.
- Lightweight, hand-made Step-Thru high strength steel frame.
- Available in Black, Coral, Cream, Olive, and Turquoise colors.
- 85% pre-assembled.
Our 6th Pick:
Best feature: Huge rear folding basket
Tricycles are not only used by small children, but adults as well. The Schwinn Meridian is an outstanding trike back that is retro styled, comfortable, convenient and has added stability due to the third wheel.
The single-speed cargo tricycle comes with a lowered stand over aluminum frame with smooth step-through access. Swept-back handlebars offer a relaxed and upright cycling position. I must say, the best feature in this product is definitely the large rear folding basket that allows you to carry things like groceries, picnic food, e.t.c.
- Super low step through for easing mounting and dismounting.
- Huge foldable basket located at the rear lets you carry items from one place to another.
- Classic back swept handlebars promote a relaxed and upright riding posture.
- Available in a variety of colors: Black, Blue, Green, Dark Silver and White.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty and an instructions manual is included.
- Single-speed trike.
- Pull and rear brakes ensure reliable stopping.
- 26” tires offer more speed and stability. The tires have alloy rims which are fitted with stainless stainless steel spokes.
- Lightweight aluminum frame.
- Huge, adjustable spring seat.
- Equipped with reflectors and fenders.
Our 7th Pick:
Best feature: Foldable
The Schwinn Loop Foldable Bike is the perfect bicycle for you if you’re worried about losing your bike. After riding, you can fold it up and take it indoors. This bike folds up neatly for easy and convenient storage.
All you have to do is to fold it out, load your luggage and ride it. When you arrive at your destination, fold the bicycle up and carry it inside with you. Moreover, you can carry it on a bus or train.
- Folds up small for convenient storage.
- Cyclists up to around 6ft tall can ride the Loop Bicycle comfortably.
- Made of durable steel.
- Shimano RevoShift Twist shifter and 7-speed Shimano Tourney rear derailleur change the gears to allow you to handle small hills an go through brisk winds smoothly.
- Rear carrying rack and nylon carrying bag included.
- Fitted with Full wrap fenders and pant guard that keep dirt and scratches away from your clothes.
- Equipped with a light alloy folding frame and 20”alloy wheels.
- Front and rear V-brakes allow you to stop with precision.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Our 8th Pick:
Best feature: Pro-style 25/9T Micro drive BMX gearing
Enjoy a freestyle ride with a reliable BMX bike from Mongoose. This Legion L20 is lightweight, long-lasting and park-ready. If you are a beginner, you should consider this bicycle.
Get to experience full freedom abode a L20. Try different ricks, glide down rails and get to show off to your friends. The Mongoose company continues to deliver durable bikes at an affordable price. Try out a Legion today and get the full BMX bike ride.
- The Hi-Ten BMX steel frame and fork is suitable for beginners new to BMX.
- Top tube has a length of 20 inches.
- Strong but simple Micro drive BMX (25x9T) gearing with cassette drive and one-piece steel cranks.
- U-brakes and 360-degree brake rotor included for better braking.
- Large, long-lasting 2.3”tires that have alloy rims and enlarged rear axle.
- Four freestyle pegs to let you grind and try out new tricks.
- Weight: 34 pounds.
- Blue color.
Our 9th Pick:
Best feature: Hand-built lightweight aluminum dual suspension frame
The Northwoods Pomona Suspension Comfort Bike is the ideal ride for you if you’re searching for comfort, convenience and great value in a commuter bike. It comes with a hand-crafted, light aluminum dual suspension frame which absorbs shocks on uneven terrain.
Its lightweight alloy rims, stem and fast release seat clamp give you an agile bicycle. This bike comes in both Men’s and Women’s frame styles.
- 26-inch aluminum wheels coupled with long-lasting cruiser tires.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is durable.
- Handlebars are made of steel.
- Shimano rear derailleur gives adequate acceleration.
- Comes with a comfortable cruiser saddle.
- Suitable for anyone between 5.3 to 6 feet.
- Good dual suspension ensures that you get a smooth ride on bumpy roads.
Our 10th Pick: sixthreezero Around the Block Women’s 26-Inch Cruiser Bike
Best feature: Upright riding style
The sixthreezero cruiser bike is extremely comfortable, easy to maintain and reliable. It is the ideal bicycle for a casual cyclist. The upright riding style makes riding comfortable and you can easily customize the height and tilt of the bike’s handlebar for a better fit.
Furthermore, there are 4 gearing options; single-speed, 3-speed, 7-speed, and 21-speed. The Around the Block Women’s cruiser bike will give you a comfortable and secure ride.
- The single-speed gearing option is perfect for cycling on flat terrain.
- Coaster brakes make it easy to cycle.
- Deluxe cushioned seat and foam grips offer extreme comfort.
- A rear rack is available for carrying goods.
- Suitable for cyclists form 5-6.2 feet tall.
- Pedals are positioned close to the ground.
- Whitewall tires and fenders are included.
- 17-inch durable steel frame
- Upright riding position protects your back
- 26”, 2.125” wide aluminum wheels with huge waffle tread tires give you a cushioned feel while riding.
The above mentioned bikes are among the best in the market because they come with top-notch parts and have a great design. Most of them have an aluminum frame, which is not only strong, but also reduces the weight of the bike. This is vital as it leads to a more stable and sturdy ride. In addition to that, they have a comfortable saddle and well-positioned handlebars.
All in all, as you choose your bike, consider your budget and intended purpose.